There is no doubt that making a right bet is entirely decisive factor whether you will get the desirable result or not. It is impossible to advise a universal best bet for everyone but in order to help you to make a right choice let us look at the variety of possible bets.
Generally speaking there are 2 main types that all bets could be aligned to: inside and outside bets.
The inside bets
Betting inside means that players place their bets on the inside segment of roulette table. In this case gamblers should keep in mind that roulette tables have some specific wager requirements which players should strictly obey. For instance, table's minimum of 10$ means that one can make 10 different bets priced 1$ each one or stake the whole sum on only 1 number. The decision depends on your preferences and risk inclination but the total value of your bets should be no less than the table's minimum of 10$.
Inside bets, in their turn, could be classified in the following way:
- single number bets or straight up bets assume that players bet whether they could predict the next number (from 0 to 36) that will win. In other words, they are guessing about the number of the slot on roulette wheel where the ball will stop. It is considered as a "classic bet" and is rather popular style of gambling mainly due to huge payoff of 35-1;
- split bets or double (two number) bets suppose that gamblers locate their chips on the line that divides two next to each other numbers. Here, you can get roulette odds of 17-1 in case when either of these two numbers falls;
- street (stream) bets or three number bets imply that players bet that any of 3 particular numbers hits. The payoff than is 11-1;
- square bets or four numbers (box of four) bets mean that gamblers try to guess any 4 numbers so at least one of them wins. In case of success they get payoff odds of 8-1;
- five number bets require that a player bets on a block of 5 numbers (1, 2, 3, 0 and 00) on the roulette table. Here, a successful gambler could be rewarded with a payoff of 6-1. This kind of bets could be played only in American roulette game and usually is regarded as rather poor combination.
The outside bets
Players bet outside when they make their bets outside the grid of numbers, notably on the part of roulette table which is closer to gamblers.
It is generally accepted to classify outside bets in the following way:
- red/black bets assume that players bet on the colour of the pocket the ball will land on. The payoff in this comparably less risky game is consequently lower, particularly 1-1;
- odd/even bets imply that players place bets that next winning number will be odd or even. In case of a right guess they could get 1-1 payoff odds;
- high/low bets demand that gamblers bet that slot with one of the numbers 19-36 (high bet) or 1-18 (low bet) will hit in the next wheel spin. The payoff here is even money or 1-1 proportion;
- dozen bets are a kind of bets when players stake on a number in one of these 3 groups:1-12, 13-24 and 25-36. Odds are in 2-1 proportion;
- column bets are similar to dozen bets in terms of payoff but the bets are placed on that a ball will hit the number in one particular column. There is a specific area for making a column bet at the end of roulette table.